Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fantasia

Isn’t this everyone’s favorite childhood movie? Okay, maybe not. In fact Brad and I both share memories of having seen this movie in fifth or sixth grade on a “special” movie day and being bored out of our minds, wondering just when this very long torture experience would end. Well, we have the VHS that was given to us by my parents when they sold their house. I put it in for her to watch the other day and it’s been all the rave for a couple days now! She doesn’t really like the parts that show “the man” (AKA: the conductor) but she does however like it when the animation starts and dances and reacts to the music. She even jumps when the music has been quiet and then quickly picks up again! It does get a little darker at the end and she doesn’t really like that part. But all in all, she’s been turning down almost any other movie offer but Fantasia for several days now. She wanted to watch it on Sunday after church when we had finished dinner and so she went upstairs and was quiet. I thought it had been a little quieter than normal when I went up there to get her ready for bed a little while later and found her sleeping on the couch! Now, this may seem like no big deal for some kids but it is the first time she has ever fallen asleep like this. She just isn't one to conk out just anywhere. Anyway, it is ironic that it did happen to be while watching this mind thrilling classic!

3 comments:

Gramalis said...

You really had me going there for a minute! I was thinking, "Who in their right mind likes that movie!"

So how did you get her to bed?

Sharon said...

I just scooped her up and put her in her bed and she slept all night. She was pretty tired.

grapeape said...

I like that movie, all things considered. I don't really like it nor do I love it, but I can enjoy it. Peter and I even went to see it when it was in the IMAX theater...wasn't it 3D too? Can't remember right now. Anyway, that was the BEST way to watch it! :)