Holly my sweet girl! Yesterday I went to the store with only Oscar and left Holly at home with Brad. She cried as she waved to me from the window. When I tucked her in bed that night she said "Mommy, I missed you when you were at the store. I love you so much".
"Today as I was helping Holly get her pants on and wash her hands in an effort to get her to bed ( I sometimes feel frustrated during this process) she put her hand under my chin and said something to this effect, “You’re a good mommy, you help me with things like getting me food, putting on my pants, washing my hands, those are good things”. This was definitely an awe moment. She’ll be three in August and her saying this to me in the way she did was quite amazing to me. Thank you Holly. I asked Brad later if he told her to tell me something like this and he hadn’t. A comfort out of the mouths of babes."
Okay, so this may not seem like a big deal but we've been trying to get her hair in pigtails since Brad discovered one day several months ago by sucking her hair up with the vacuum hose that is would probably be long enough to put in tiny little pig tails. We tried it on several occasions, carefully putting each hair as much in it's place as possible, taking the time to make it nice just for her to look in the mirror pull it out and say "I don't like pig tails!" We tried bows and bribery not too much worked and out they came just moments after being put in. Well, in the picture below she actually left them in for about 2-3 hours before she decided that she was done with them. She even had asked me to put them in. Also, requesting the blue butterfly clips as well. So, many opinions!
"Big Hair" as she calls it. What little girl doesn't want to brush their hair out. Well, this is what happens when she does. She likes her hair nice and big!
Personality?!? Naaauuughhh! Who would think that? Well, she definitely is expressive and you don't really want to get on her bad side. Lately she has been saying things like "Don't do that again ever! Do you hear me?" (hmmm... have I ever said anything like that before?!) She had also put Brad in time out. He was laying on our bed and she shut the door. I have since hoped that she would put me in time out there. She also told me tonight that I'm not allowed to get out of my bed at night... hmmmm... sounds like a great plan!;)
So, the other day there was a quiet moment and I went to see what Holly could possibly be doing. Well, I found her in our room. She had gotten into my night stand drawer (like she has done many, many times before) and got my chap stick out to use. Well, what was funny this time was the added ear plugs as well. A few days before this she had noticed when she came in my bed that I was wearing ear plugs and had asked about them. Well, now the coolest thing on the block is to quickly and quietly try to snag your moms ear plugs and get them in your ears before she catches you! (you might need to look closely to notice the ear plugs. I was going to get mad but couldn't help but just laugh!)
8 comments:
Those are some great pictures - and some totally awesome hair!
I love it when they repeat threats back at us. Luke says, "Mommy, I'm going to take away your bag (my purse) away if you don't...(fill in the blank with any demand)" His other favorite is, "I'll draw you a beautiful picture if you let me...(fill in the blank)"
I hope you guys are doing great and that Brad has found a job he likes!
By the way, I can totally hear your voice when I'm reading what you write. I miss our double dates - if you can call them that. More like our hanging out as couples!
I love the pick in her "big hair". I think she should have "big hair" all the time. It looks cool and longer that way. Plus, you could teach her the songs from Annie and she could make Millions! ;)
For my birthday, we're getting a webcam. Hopefully Holly and Autumn can have some conference call soon. :)
i looked at this late last night, but just looked at it again with Autumn... she said, "look at Holly; she has the bruss in her haiw" and then "look at Holly; she's so scawy" about the 'personality' picture... :)
Those pictures are great but they sure make me miss Holly. Then hearing Autumn's cute comments I miss them both more! Wish they could both come and play!
Tell Holly from Abby, Britty, Claire, Hannah, Grandma Lorraine, and Grandpa Scott that we think her big hair is wonderful. We have all enjoyed looking at this blog, including Oscar's green beans experience. Love from us all! All but Hannah wishes you could move back here, but Hannah wants you to stay there. Wonder why?
Thank you guys! We love and miss you too!
What a doll!!! She is just so darn cute. Laughed to hear how Brad first tried to do pigtails....vacuum..hahahahahaha!!
Oscar is such a cute guy. What a personality.
Think of you lots and the blogs keep you closer! XOXOX
I got a lot of good laughs from this post! Cadence, upon seeing the picture of Holly's comb-over hair-do, said "(gasp)-She made her hair look SO BEAUTIFUL!"
Post a Comment